Friday 22 April 2016

Thank you and good bye!


Today I sat +National Harbor ballroom to attend the 2016 National Hospice Foundation of Gala which was held in conjunction with the +NationalHospice  31st Management and Leadership Conference.

All at the Gala was excellent. I tried American 5 star party sea food. I experienced an atmosphere of perhaps my most dressed up event of my life. I have not seen a people so smart. I think they dress to impress and they got me. Everyone was splendid, the ladies in black party dresses (majority) the gentlemen's tuxedos and bow ties. the ladies in high healed, the gentlemen in Sharp Shinning black shoes. Oh what a show of class.

The Mistress of Ceremonies Anita Brikman was excellent and the experienced Mark Murray and Linda Rock only served to make the whole MC thing memorable.

But the outstanding thing for me was the send off of J.Donald Schumacher the outgoing President and CEO of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organisation. What a splendid send off!  Good words from staff and colleagues. John Mastrojohn III the Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer led the rest of the Senior Management Team to speak about an outgoing boss. It was a show of thank you and good bye! They gave the man a painting of his face. They praised him publicly and wished him well.

I squeezed by self and fit so well in my chair. I kept thinking, how great it would feel for anyone to say thank you and good bye! I kept thinking why this is not common in my circles. I kept thinking what an opportunity it would be to do this for someone.

Farewell thee J.D.S and wish you all the best in whatever you want to do in your retirement.

Thank you for your words: "one thing I have learnt...is to know when to leave..."

I am still around but will try to honour the leaving. Perhaps someone will honour me when I am leaving: hehehehe

What a good day!

No comments:

Mark Mwesiga's Featured Post

Beautiful Day: We got another wife on Saturday 23rd!

In our culture, a wife is for the home or maybe I should write that a wife belongs to the home! You don't go get a woman alone and hav...