Tuesday 7 August 2018

Feeling Lazy to Write!

So I have spent some time without writing here.

Yes, one of the reasons and perhaps the most realistic one is that I have been lazy at my game of writing lately. Definitely I am quite busy but thats not to say I fail to get a minute to read too many many messages posted on Abanyasheema whatsApp group. By the was all these messages rotate around the same thing. Kind of hot news that seem to remain on people's heads.

You know, the Dr Elioda Tumwesigye  decided to stand and was actually elected Member of Parliament for or rural Sheema Municipality. Of Course thats no brainer but the news is here. Dr Tumwesigye was already Member of Parliament for Sheema North. Some people felt he should have left it out for another to take the Municipality seat. But he also had reasons. So he got onto the ballot and people decided to vote him.

In essence Dr Tumwesigye becomes a Member of Parliament representing two constituencies albeit temporarily. So commentators have been talking, writing and chatting about this scenario.

Perhaps I should add that Dr Tumwesigye is known to me. Or I should say I am known to him. He is my friend.  I took on at job at his founded Organization (ICOBI) after my stint at the Scripture Union of Uganda (SU).

I can tell that at both work places, I enjoyed my time. But perhaps I enjoyed my stay at SU more. We walked to work and we were youthful. We did Life Skills sessions in high schools and spoke loudly. we enjoyed the morning Glory and had overnight prayers. Yes there at SU. I think I can come back another time to tell my story at ICOBI. On the first day at work, I was handed an old motorcycle. I enjoyed that thing. but the thing broke down often! Sometimes the thing would break down at awkward hours as I rushed home from Bunyaruguru. But that the story for another day.

Or maybe I should add that later on before I left the job, I was handed a new Toyota Double Cabin that I drove around. It was a bit cool to drive the thing. Never mind that I was allocated a drive who I often left a side to drive. I mean, I was young then. You know what this means.

I did not tell this story well but I know you will bear with me. Dr Tumwesigye was in the election with my friends Dr Misharch Katusiime and Raymond Kamugisha. But somehow the ultimate contest was between the NRM and the FDC. There was a 'new comer' Mrs Plan Mugyenyi of FDC who showed up. This lady gained a following within a short time. Up to now, she claims she won the vote. I think she is going to court or something. I don't know how this will end but I am sure that Dr Katusiime will write a piece about it. This was an experience for him. I can bet on that.

For a record, I did not vote. I was on travels to the USA from where I am writing. But I had preferences for sure.

By the way this whole is not what I intended to write, I wanted to share about my second trip to the USA and how it is all going. I traveled in Summer. The Dress cord right from Entebbe told it all.

I think I should write another one.

This is already long.

See you. bye

No comments:

Mark Mwesiga's Featured Post

Beautiful Day: We got another wife on Saturday 23rd!

In our culture, a wife is for the home or maybe I should write that a wife belongs to the home! You don't go get a woman alone and hav...