Wednesday 17 July 2019

What a Difficult Customer!

Just last evening, I took a chair to have some look warm tea with honey at the place near the road. Its a bit raised and one can see cars as they pass the busy Entebbe road. Actually, I think its a great business idea. A place for tea for people looking for an evening. It could be that they are a couple or just someone alone from work wanting to enjoy some tea and a cookie. How about that? Anyhow, as I had my tea, two ladies approached. They wanted to take a table near mine but preferred that the waitress arranges the chairs in some way.

The waitress had just picked my order and was heading to the machine. That kind of machine that they punch in orders. it looks like a small TV on the wall. I think it sends a message to the chef once it punched. I like the whole idea that the waitress doesn't have to shout Tea and cookies! The machine does that.

So one of the ladies spoke in a rather harsh tone..." can you get us a place to sit ?" Please nyabo (madam), we are customers here... I don't even know why you cannot welcome us.
I saw the waitress responding so calmly and with a smile asking for pardon. I felt like she acted cool. But the lady was not done..."The table mat here is placed poorly...I think some of you didn't even do any catering course, you are here to learning on the job..." The waitress kept quiet... Then she moved away, maybe to pick something...maybe the menu for the customer to look at... as she stepped off, the customer had another demand..." can you now add another chair, actually two, we expect our hubbys to join us..."

Let me tell something, the chairs were just so near... I felt for the waitress, I got up and fixed pushed the two chairs to the customer.. By doing so, I didn't know that I had committed a mistake, the customer had turned to me..."You, all a long your work here...you saw us coming in and remained seated...you didn't welcome us...what type of customer care is this ?"
I stepped back, waited for my tea and enjoyed it... Its was a cool evening. I eavesdropped to some of the stories before the men arrived... All I can tell you is..."chose your partner carefully my friend" some of these people have too much on their mind...

No comments:

Mark Mwesiga's Featured Post

Beautiful Day: We got another wife on Saturday 23rd!

In our culture, a wife is for the home or maybe I should write that a wife belongs to the home! You don't go get a woman alone and hav...